Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29 2008

Another week gone by and the leaves are turning fast! Last Friday was georgous, so we planned a drive up north a bit on Saturday to go to Bond Falls and also to photograph the changing leaves and wham!!! Losey day! and yesterday wasnt much better but at least Mark had planned to watch football all day.

I started a new quilt for our bed using 12" WOW blocks...they sure are big and go alot faster. I am only using my hand dyes from my stash and each block takes about a fq...I have started a scrap bag because some of the left overs were just too big to throw away...now I will have to do an applique or two or three. I have one big pile to iron and then cut out today and then the fun starts. I am just going to slap them together and see what happens. I was concerned about the background maybe not all being the same but Mark has really encourage me on this one. Not so sure if he really believes I can pull it off or just wants that new quilt with a wool batting on the bed real soon.

It is supposed to be pretty darn nippy this week and next week doesnt look that much better. If the sun comes out it makes all the difference in the world. Still cold but somehow the sun makes it seem less ominous :-) Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Liz said...

The leaves are changing fast here too. And we're having the same drippy weather. I think the high today was 58! I hope you have a great week too!

cinnamongirl93 said...

There is nothing better than sleepin under your very own hand made quilt. Have fun stitching!
Our trees are just starting to turn here. The weather for the last 2 days has been about 58 degrees! We should warm up to 70 by the weekend.