Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall is here

It is hard to believe but here we are again. I will take a photo off my front porch every Monday morning to show you the change. This is a tree tunnel that is about 1/4 mile long. It is also the place where the neighbor parks his trucks and stuff but the path is mostly for walking and maybe an atv or two. I absolutely love this time of year. Alot of people in this neighborhood use wood burning stoves so they are just starting to light them...the smell of that first wood fire up the chimeny. We will be going up north sometime where they have a sort of apple harvest festival and lots of fresh cider and pies...yummm...used to drive up to Julian(in California, was devestated by fires) for the fall apple harvest. You could smell the apple pies a miles or two outside of town. Must of driven the wild critters nuts! :-)

I am on my way back down to the basement to cut the last six yards of fabric...I am only going to dye 6 tubes (18 yards) for my class. I dont think eveyone wants to use hand dyes. I will be taking them up to Marquette tomarrow after my dr. appointment up there. If by chance they want more, will bring with me on Friday. Maybe I will photograph the pressed stash before I take up with me. Then I have a guild meeting tonight. Yikes! This week is just slammed. Well, I better get down there and start dyeing.....

3 comments:

Liz said...

Sound like fun. Some day I would love to watch / help you do it.

cinnamongirl93 said...

I kust love apple season. The pies, and donuts. Yum!!!
I can't beleive it's fall. Today our temps should be in the 80's here in Northern Illinois. My garden is still growing stron.
I like your idea about taking a picture every Monday. Great idea!

Tipper said...

Wow you're busy!! I'm glad fall is here too.