Thursday, November 21, 2013

Woke up to heavy wet snow, this will melt but more snow in the next day or two. Luckily for me, Mark, is buying my 4 new tires for my car. The ones I've had for the past three years have been a nightmare. Bought at Sears they have no grip on the raod at all, last year it was like ice skating, very scarry. But tomorrow all will be changed :-)
I've been doing a bit moe quilting of late, even this past summer when I spend most days outside in the garden. I taught two "Wheels of Wonder" classes using my accuQuiltGO. When I first say this contraption at the quilt show down in Madison about 5 years ago all I could think of was how lazy can you be...but since my arthiritis is kicking my butt and is ravisihing my hands I thank god for this wonderful invention :-) BIG SMILE!!! This is one of my favorite blocks, but as you may or may not know, it is 12 curved pieces that make a square and one of the keys is accurate cutting. I can still cute with rotarty cutter but would take me about a week to cut out, now in a matter of minutes or an hour i have all the peices I need. Then I taught a "Tube" dyeing class and this was wildl successful. I just love to teach especially to first time dyers, they are stunned that "I made this beautiful fabric all by myself".
This top was made with one great tiny striped batik I've had for years plus one pack of three 1/2 yards cuts of my hand dyes. It really turned out awesome! I am trying to upload more photos but computer not cooperating so I will end this for now. Stay tund for some neat projects. Aloha for now...........

No comments: