Tuesday, September 8, 2009

We're home

Wild morning glories...Mark brought me a bouquet of wild flowers he picked early in the morning on Saturday. He knew these would not make it and asked me what they were...I told him I grew them and he had made a trellis for them...oh.....We left Crystal around 7p.m. and drove about ten miles past the bridge where there is a really beautiful rest area. We slept in the back of the station wagon...not bad. Up early and drove the rest of the way to Dola, Ohio Friday. I cannot tell you how incredibly beautiful it was Thursday night, almost complete full moon with crystal clear sky...the drive was wonderful. The moon reflecting off lake Michigan was amazing. Looked like a view from Kauai...white sand beach the water lapping gently at the shore but it was fresh water and one of the great lakes.
For the past couple of years, whenever we get to real farm country it has always been covered in snow, under water or just dirt. What an amazing site to see mile after mile of corn and soy beans.
Mark is a real tractor nut...he used the telephoto for this shot. I think it was about 6a.m. He tried to drag me out of bed to listen to three different tractors working the fields...no thank you please. Had a real nice visit with Tom and Shawna. The weather was wonderful, sunny and warm. Mark helped Tom with the roof...Tom doing the majority of the work. I just love those old lightning rods with the glass balls. Tom wants to put them back up and Shawna does not but I think they are so kool looking. Its their turn to come up here next..two to zero so far. It started to thunder and lightning and rain Monday morning...time to go. We didn't get back to Crystal until, what almost 8p.m....650 miles in one day. And when I was lying in bed this a.m. I realized I have to climb back into my car on Thursday and drive down to Madison, WI. with two friends for Quilt Expo. Haven't been to a big mainland event since we moved here so should be fun. Looking forward to it but not the drive. Even thou the show is over on Saturday we will come back home Sunday morning I believe. First time away from Mark since I moved here. He asked when I would be home, he is planning on making a special dinner...he is such a good guy.
I teach a class up in Marquette on the 16th and then I don't think I really have to go away from home for awhile.
Made my initial appointment with doctor for bariatric by pass, first availalbe Nov. 19th. I have to go to an evening program either Sept 21 or Oct 19. before initial appointment. This will be a long road but one I am looking forward to. I know I will never get my 18 year old body back but I would like to be good to my heart and my prosthetic knees, hope they last longer if I weigh a lot less. Well, I am still so tired from trip, so up to the old sack. Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.


Lisa Boyer said...

Wow, girl! You are BUSY! Sounds like you have a full life--sure would like to be able to travel like you do.

Just got back from the handwork group--with Jeni, Jenny, Leah, Eileen, Sunny, Cindy, Carol, Sandra. Jenny is handling her chemo well--she looks pretty darn good with her cute new wig and all. Jeni's Frank is doing lots of work at Jeni's house--they're painting inside and out, new roof, working on their sewing "annex." Cindy and Joe are enjoying their new driveway. And we're all still quilting!

Sounds like all is well with you and Mark. I hope that your surgery goes very well and you get the results you dream of!! Miss you!

cinnamongirl93 said...

I'm glad you got to see the beauty of farm country. All of the corn and beans are a sight! It's really pretty now when the colors of the crops start to change.
Glad you had a nice trip. Good luck with your Dr's appt.