Sunday, August 24, 2008

just another Sunday..........

Took the neatest class yesterday! A friend, Karen from Pembine; and myself drove up to Marquette and took a silk "paper" class. Why they call it paper I don't know since there is only 100% silk fibre used, diluted dish soap and Jones Sonja's...which holds it all together. It was so much fun and I have four beautiful pieces of silk to play with. As I was painting the sonja's on the last piece I was doing yesterday I thought how kool it would be to make a really beautiful piece for Libby (Mark's artist daughter) and sending it to her and seeing what she does with it.

The weather is cold as usual...barely 50 again! Friday night was absolutely miserable, I thought I could not breath it was so warm and stuffy...and then it is cold again, Mark doesn't like an open window above his head and he insists on sleeping on that side of the bed...something has to change :-)

I would of posted a photo but I left my camera at class. I will go back up on Tuesday...a long drive but I will drop off class sample for the Wheels of Mystery classes I will be giving at the end of September...two classes of 6. I made the sample with the 9" block...I decided the 6" might be a bit of a challenge for the first time. I have to quilt today/tomarrow. I also asked Kat if she would mind if I put together fabric pacs to make the top in my hand dyes...she said yes. Yipee! If both classes are full and I sell kits should give me some spending money on our trip to Texas, which we have had to postpone to October. When I get my camera back will post photo of 9" sampler and silk.

Better get back to work. I have lots to do. Hope everyone has a great day and upcoming week! Aloha nui loa............

1 comment:

cinnamongirl93 said...

I have never heard of silk paper. You must post some pictures so we can see. It sounds interesting.
The weather here in Northern Illinois is nice. About 75 degrees and no humitity. You can tell summer is almost over.