Friday, May 2, 2008

enchaladas anyone

I baked two chickens last night so I could make these for tonight...chicken enchaladas...made with two bunches of green onions ( I use the entire onion), chopped olives, chicken and cojack cheese. there are one dozen of those babies in this dish and are kooling off so we can dig in with a dollop of sour cream on the side :-) yummy! and there will be leftovers...like lagsana, it is always better the next day, although, they arent that bad right out of the oven.

Tomarrow we are off to Iron Mountain to buy stuff so Mark can plumb in the washer for the basement and the sink. I will be able to give dyeing classes down there. I am stoked to have my dye area almost complete. I am going to have him put up a shelf the length of the vanity, 8', to put all my dyes and stuff on. It is going to be great! I have 5 classes just itching to learn to dye fabric...5 students per class and I am sure I will get more classes. I love to teach people how to dye/print/paint fabric (different classes of course). I have a thermofax so in the printing class students can make their own screens...way kool. Now, I just need to get my gammil back from Missiouri.

On a serious note...I read the most heart renching article today. About an incredible brave young marine who was burned over 97% of his body in February 2005. After over a year of inpatient care, many many surgeries, he lost his life on April 11th. I cannot begin to explain how touched I have been by this young man. His name was Merlin German and started a fund for child burn victims called Merlin's Miracles. I have contacted them to see if I can help out...by making quilts of course. If you google his name or his fund you will get info on him and his work. Go ahead, but be warned, have a hankie in hand.

I have decided to climb on the blog wagon and have a give away. If you leave a comment the winner will recieve several fq packs of my hand dyed fabric. If you post give away on your blog you get an additional chance. Sooooooooooooo....let me have it! :-)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, here is my post!! I love to make Chicken Enchiladas but I would have never thought to add olives. I can't wait to try it. I also bake my chickens the day before. Makes the whole process so much better. :-) Hand dyed fabrics??? Wonder what I would/could do with them.....LOL Too exciting!!

Dana said...

I love a good giveaway . . . and this is a good one. But, I'd be happy with your enchilada recipe!!

Tipper said...

I'm in! And your enchiladas look delicious!!

cinnamongirl93 said...

Mmmm, yummy enchilada's! I love to make them too. I stack mine instead of rolling them. One of my friends taught me that. She's from New Mexico. Yours looks great too! A contest?! For your hand dyed fabrics?! Yippie! I'd love to see some photo's of your fabric on your blog!