Thursday, July 29, 2010

July is almost gone.............

Well, I am still loosing weight, weigh less than I have in 20 years! I am feeling good but my hair is falling out...everyone in support group says from about month 3 to 6 it falls out but it all comes back. I cut my hair about six inches again...was way past bottom and had to be careful, hair would get caught in unusual places. :-)
Here's my honeybunny. We are going downstairs to see Alice Cooper. I must say, Mark really enjoyed the show but it was a little loud and violent for me. Notice his "willie" braids. The next day we spent in Escanaba and went to the beach and swam. All in all, we had a great weekend.

Now, isn't this the prettiest pineapple upside down cake you have ever seen? I was so surprised it turned it so perfectly that I had to take a picture of it. Silly, I know, but it looked so good. Mark loved every last bit of it.
I have been dyeing alot of fabric. I am into wet on wet right now. If I had more space I would do yardage instead of smaller pieces. Right now I can manage a full half yard but maybe if I hang on clothes line Mark put up for me and used spray bottles I could pull it off. Will have to try.
Our garden is growing slowly, lots and lots of rain but we could use more sunshine. The other night had "tornado watch". The power never went out but the satalittle keep going down. Rained so hard and the wind blew like crazy. Anyone who survived hurricane Iniki knows the feeling. When the wind howls I cannot sleep. The thunder and lightning was constant and furious. But we survived with no downed trees or damage to property which is far luckier than some.
I picked sugar snap peas, green beans and broccoli. So tomarrow night I am making a chicken stir fry. Wish you were here Tori, to help us eat some of these lucsious veggies. Maybe your daddy will let you come for the summer one of these years. We would have such a good time. The raspberries are finally over...yeah...and am only waiting on the grapes and I will be done with making jam for the year. So far I have made raspberry, blueberrie and strawberry. Yummy.............


1 comment:

Liz said...

Jam sounds good. I'm glad you had fun at the concert.